Sunday, May 7, 2023

Reflection (Road Trip Day 40)

 We are resting today. Yesterday’s long drive took a lot of energy from us.  A hearty lunch and hot showers have helped us to regain our equilibrium. 

We slept well last night even though the campground itself is near a freeway. Today is much quieter than last night. Maybe all of the truckers were trying to get home to their families? It sounded like a speedway!

The other day I was asked how many people we have visited on this trip. A rough count was 50. I appreciate how many people we’ve been introduced to by family or friends. A trip like this reassures us there is a lot of good people in this country. 

Good in the sense of kindness. Political and religious differences aside. The spectrum has been broad in both areas and there have been no harsh words exchanged. It makes me believe there is hope for us as long as kindness rules.

A picture from today’s drive to grab the hearty lunch:

So, this is where you go to find it OR is this a wish should you turn right?

Remember to spray the ankles with insect repellent.

Joe and I are planning to spend the next 4 nights in this campground and have decided to skip as many large cities as possible going forward. Joe will take public transportation into New York to visit Nate while I stay outside of the city.

I am learning my limits!







1 comment:

Spending Money or YOLO

  As if I needed a reminder that I am getting old and crotchety AND acting from a place of privilege. This morning, I read a blog on Medium ...