Sunday, July 2, 2023

Getting Settled in Minnesota (Day 1)

Big step today. I changed the time zone on my laptop from Pacific to Central. It is safe to say I am now ready for that change.

With Megan’s help we began setting up our living space and unpacking some boxes. We will not unpack everything as we do not (1) need everything, and (2) we want to minimize re-packing when it is time to move into our own place.

I think we made a lot of progress. We are waiting for a few purchases from Amazon to complete the set-up. I was especially excited for Joe to get my favorite shower head installed in our bathroom here. The only downside is that I must temporarily stand on tiptoe to reach the wand. That will be resolved by Wednesday though as there is an extension on order. Sounds like a definite first world problem.

The good news is that standing on my toes to reach the shower head is helping to strengthen my leg muscles. Silver linings everywhere we look. Climbing the stairs multiple times today was also a plus! Looking at an abundance of opportunity to move my body in healthy ways.

The only room that is not in complete disarray as we are sorting and setting up our living space is the bathroom. 



One of my past co—workers sent me a lovely shot of his feet and his fishing pole on his boat on a body of water today. With a note that they were getting away from the Sacramento heat and enjoying some vacation days. His text and photo made me smile. Sandy and Polo are good people. Sandy makes jams, jellies, and candies every year and we stock up! They helped us pick figs this past year. It was a treat to hear about other people's adventures.

I also appreciate all the comments on yesterday’s blog. I am still working out the comment about our trip taking more hours than I calculated. I know I counted the hours Joe drove and the hours I drove, and they added up to the hours I mentioned. Frankly, I am too tired to work out the math today. Maybe someday I will. For now, I am going to “let it be.”

What makes me most thankful, today? Great Internet speed! It makes downloading photos and posting to the blog so much easier! 

Tomorrow’s plan is to get artwork hung and more unpacking done.

1 comment:

  1. Nice bathroom,but just getting your bed set up would be a huge plus since sleeping in several over the last few months had to be semi nerve wracking.
    .

    ReplyDelete

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...