Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Storms and Stuff

We were told this morning that a major storm blew through last night around 3:00 am. A lot of thunder, lightning, wind, and rain. We did not hear the storm in our flat.

We had just finished dinner outside on the deck and cleared the table when a storm hit this evening at around 6:10 pm. Caleb and Charlotte had soccer practice and a game that got postponed. I caught a bit of the storm on video to share. The sound is rain and a low long rumble of thunder. There were also flashes of lightening I did not capture on the video.

 


We started out morning with a visit to Joe’s doctor’s appointment. The good news is the doctor feels confident Joe’s knee will be fully healed in another month.

I thought the artwork behind the check-in desk was neat so I asked if I could take a photo. The woman checking us in said, “Sure. I don’t even notice it’s there.” This made me think about what I have stopped seeing in places around me.

I spent my day downloading photos of Hudkins family members from Facebook pages. I then created an “Identify the Family Member” game to share at the reunion. Joe worked on cooking carnitas for the reunion.

Megan, Jeremy, Caleb and Charlotte met some friends and played miniature golf earlier today. They tell me Charlotte showed promise in competitive golf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judging Judges

  I spent my day looking up information on Minnesota Supreme Court, Appellate Court, and District Curt judges that are up for re-election. R...