Sunday, August 27, 2023

Savoring Sunday

 I have discovered, in retirement, that what makes a Sunday stand out from the other days of the week is that I do not get a USPS email. It feels as if something is missing in my day as a result.

Today, Joe weeded more in the yard (It’s a good size yard) while I did laundry. Megan, Rufio, and I walked this morning. I had my best time yet because I did not need to rest between stretches. I usually rest for a moment by stretching in place. Today I only did three rests instead of 6 or 7 times. Progress!

I found a new show to watch on Apple TV – Shrinking. I am sort of glad we never had a TV while we were working. Now that I have more time available in my day I can catch up on popular series. I still go days without watching anything – I’d rather read a book or write something than sit still to watch a show.

I listened to a Hidden Brain podcast from August 21, 2023. It is a two-part series called Slow Down! It is about learning to savor good things in our lives instead of focusing on the negative. I liked it because it talks about how even small moments can be savored. We are not taught how to savor. We are usually taught how to overcome negative. I am looking forward to the second part coming out tomorrow. Good stuff!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ohio Road Trip

Joe and I got on the road at 5:20am this morning and arrived in Defiance, Ohio at 8:15pm (7:15pm Central Time). About ten minutes before we ...