Thursday, October 5, 2023

Touring Homes

We are not quite ready to purchase a house; however, one came up that looked promising, so we called an agent and went to look at it today. It turned out to be smaller than anticipated so I was glad to have toured it. I think now I’ll have a better idea of the space in multi-level houses that are common here.

We looked at two other homes. The first was built in 1991, the second in 2001, and the third just built. I had difficulty because none of the homes gave me a warm feeling. They seemed sterile somehow. Houses # 1 and #2 had some furnishings, while three had just finished construction and was not a model home – no furniture. And even though the square footage of all three was more than our Woodland home – they felt smaller.

All three homes were well within our proposed price range to the realtor.

The house Joe and I have had our eye on for several weeks is a bit higher than we want to spend. The price just dropped. A 3000 square feet rambler style home, with a finished basement that is built out, it sits on a little over 4 acres of land. The basement has its own kitchen, living area, bedroom, and bathroom. It is owned by an elderly woman who is ready to downsize. It looks inviting in the photos. My thought is I’ll either rule it out because it doesn’t give me warm fuzzies or I’ll fall in love with it. If I fall in love with it, I will need to figure out if the seller is willing to wait 4-6 months. If there are no warm fuzzies I can move on without memorializing it as “the perfect house that got away.”

I also must check further into the cost of propane for the heating. When I was growing up in Ohio, propane costs seemed like the biggest expense in the wintertime. That right there may be a deal breaker for us.

Other than house tours, I spent the day reading up on propane, doing my exercise routine every thirty minutes, reading a novel, and watching one episode of Friends.

The pain in my thigh came back this afternoon. I have another chiropractic appointment tomorrow morning and am looking forward to it. I went 24 hours with minimal pain. The worst pain was this afternoon as I was going up the stairs for dinner. I was frozen on the steps for about five minutes as the waves of pain emanated in my right thigh. The pain finally receded enough I could finish the 4 stair steps up to the main living floor. I was highly motivated to get to the dinner table because we were having one of my very favorite meals – hot dogs!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find the Broom (How Smart are You?)

  There is a broom hidden in the above picture. I found the broom within 30 seconds. Does this mean I am smarter than average? I doubt it. I...